Saturday, March 21, 2009

Before Winners are announced a bit of update

Yesterday I went to the hand orthopedic as my rhuematologist (not srue how to spell that) wanted me to see a hand doctor as she noticed my thumbs no longer laid out straight when holding your hands out straight, they dropped and it hurt something awful (I know I came off the chair) when she tried to put them back in place. I've been haing a lot of pain in both hands for several years, and always told my family doctor. He told me there was nothing that could be done, it was arthritis.

Anyhow, yesterday was my appointment, and they first took x-rays of both hands. And later took me to the exam room. When the doc came in after viewing my x-rays he first said.... "I know exactly what your problem is, by looking at the x-rays" Oh goody.. now tell me and tell me if anything can be done.

He said as a last resort surgery could be performed but due to my RSD and Lupus and the fact that I had a stress heart attack a year ago when my hip was replaced.... they are weary of doing surgery.

He said due to the meds that I already take for pain, there is nothing he can prescribe and that I take pain meds that he isn't even allowed to prescribe. So yesterday they shot both thumb joints with steroids...and that hurt like the dickens but only for a few moments (but I never want to do that again, if at all possible) and put both hands in braces (I took one off to type this and answer a few e-mails). In 5 weeks when I go back we;ll go from there. So only time will tell if the steroids and braces will help. But it will definitely hinder my crafting, that is for sure. Something I am not looking forward to. Especially since I started making myself a multi-pocketed up-cycled (from an old bomber jacket) leather purse Thursday evening. Now it will have to be put on hold for a bit.

But on to the winners ...

Day 23: Valerie

Day 24: Giveaway Diva

Day 25: carebear

Day 26: Robin

Day 27: Tinkets

Day 28: Genie

Day 29: Tumbleweed Trails

If I don't already have your mailing address, then please forward it to me at

prpldy (at) comcast.net

I believe I have most of them already except maybe carebear, giveawaydiva and tinkets.

Thank you all for being a part of my challenge, the 29 - Day Giving Challenge, I so much appreicate it. And I will be doing my 2nd round of the challenge, but I have to get my health back in order first. So it will be a month or so and we will being a new round of giveaways. I will have plenty of time to gather items for this next round. So so back by when you have time.

Thanks for the botton of my heart,
BrendaLea

6 comments:

  1. Hugs BrendaLea

    I hope the steroid shot and braces help. It would be horrible to have your ability to craft and create taken from you.
    Sending love and best wishes your way,
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brenda
    well hope you are feeling a bit better today. and are coping with the braces.
    Thanks for Picking me as a winner of day 28.
    Have a great weekend and take care
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  3. BrendaLea,
    Here's hoping that the braces do the trick and the steriods hang on for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope this finds you doing better today. Thanks so much for the gift I've won.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much!

    I hope you are feeling better. I wish we were closer so we could just hang out or craft together. Please take care of yourself.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi

    I have an award for you on my blog...go see what it is!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I really do enjoy reading each and everyone of them.

BrendaLea