Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Won an Altered Art Book

Craftside is an awesome blog that I love to read. I get lots of inspiration from them. For the past couple of months they have been writing up post based on the alphabet, using one letter each week. And each post has a question pertaining to the book they have reviewed that day. If you answer the question, you are entered into the weekly book giveaway. Currently they are on the letter "N". And I got lucky and won for the week of "L". A few days ago the book arrived (I had no idea which book I would receive) that Lindsey sent to me. I was blown away when I opened the package and saw which book it was. Altered Art Circus by Lisa Kettell (is a mixed-media artist). I love her work and I belong to her Flickr group, The Faerie Zine. I haven't been active in it lately, but it is a group of wonderful people and I really enjoyed the swaps and chats that I have participated in with them. If you have a chance to check out Altered Art Circus you should. The following is an exerpt fromt he Craftside blog:


Altered Art Circus! includes easy tutorials on basic digital altering effects for new and vintage images, step-by-step instruction for projects, a gallery of inspirational work from other artists, and clip art and images for you to use in your own projects. The book covers digital and paper alteration, creating from found and household objects (jars and boxes), features playful illustration, vintage imagery, and uses myriad other mixed-media materials, ranging from glitter and wire to crinoline and coloring agents.

0 comments: