Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Hooded Towel for Summer

Here is a great video on how to make a hooded towel for Summer from  the DIY Dish.  To use at the pool or beach, or even after a bath.  It's so easy to make and you can personalize this so many different ways.

You could use rick-rack around the hood or on the bottom of the towel.  You could add some silk flowers, or machine embroidery.  Even if you don't machine embroider (like me, I don't) you could embroider by hand.  Use some pre-made appliques as there are many to choose from at your local craft store.  Even a ruffle or two would be cute for a little girl.  These would make great gifts for new babies, Grandchildren, your own children, or how about your Nieces and Nephews.  These would even be great birthday gifts for neighborhood kids.  This is also instructions to make a cute little carrying pouch that is easy to make as well.



I might even think about making one for myself using a bath sheet.  I know there are times that I have went to the pool in the early part of the swimming season and when I got out of the water I would be freezing.  The hooded towel sure would keep me much warmer than just a towel.  Hey, I am a big kid at heart.  What can I say.

And if you visit the DIY Dish, you can enter to win an assortment of thread along with a storage drawer from Embroidery.com.

Have a great day and get crafting,

BrendaLea

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I really do enjoy reading each and everyone of them.

BrendaLea