Monday, April 12, 2010

How about some answers....

Well today didn't go quite as I had planned.  I didn't get to any of the artwork that I wanted to work on.  ( Boo-hoo! ), instead I ended up picking up a huge amount of gum balls from the absolutely wonderful ( NOT! ) Sweet Gum tree that is in my yard.  Does any one know how to make them quit producing those extremely annoying gum balls?  Years ago I remember someone telling how how to do it, but at the time I did not have a Sweet Gum tree, and therefore did not need to know how to make them stop producing them.  So if ANYONE could help me, I sure would appreciate it,

Has anyone seen the movie "Clash of the Titans"?  Well I saw it for the second time... my other wonderful Grandson wanted to see it.  I watch very, very few movies more than one time.  But for my Grandsons I would do just about anything.

A new friend of mine, Marilyn (Dolls etc) sent me a gift the other day...... something I have always wanted, from when I was a child.  And now I have one.  It's a doll house!  A one room cottage that I am so exited to be able to put together, paint, and decorate.  Another friend of mine gave me some doll house furniture (sorry I have not taken pictures of the doll house or the furniture yet) when I told her that Marilyn was sending me a doll house.
These are coffee cups that I picked up at the thrift shop for 10 cents each because they match my kitchen really well.  Once I got home I noticed that they were scratched in a few places, so I took a white paint pen and made polka-dots to hide the scratches, then I trimmed the top with black, and also used the black to make polka-dots on the handles.  I love them now even more!  Aren't they cute!

I have not yet gotten all the packages together for my winners.  I am so sorry for the delay.  It's been one thing after another, and tomorrow morning I have to go to the dentist, oh what fun!  Not!  By the time they arrive they will really be a surprise....  :-)

Well folks it is after mid-night and I am falling asleep here at the comptuer.  So I am heading to bed.
Sweet Dreams,

BrendaLea

5 comments:

  1. I want to see COTT, and I really want to see How to train your dragon! :) My son is up for NC at least for a month...maybe for the whole summer if my daughter's seasonal boss will hire him under the table for the summer. today was his first day here, and frankly, if it is any indication of how he is going to be here every day, I think a month will be about all i can take, it breaks my heart to say so. but, it is the truth.

    the cups are adorable! stop by my blog I have something for you.
    Hugs,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't know anything about gum trees, I'm afraid - but I do think your polka dotted mugs are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute mugs, like the way you fixed them. Sweet Gum Tree...no clue and didn't think there was a way to change mother nature. But, think most trees produce more of whatever every 7 years, perhaps this is year 7?

    Condolences on having to watch the movie a 2nd time, yikes. You're a better grandmother than I think I would be. I wouldn't want to watch it once.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey girlfriend! I am so happy you like the little dollhouse I sent! Please, whenever you get it done, I would LOVE to see pictures.

    What you did with those cups is great. How ingenuous of you!

    Well, back to work. We are in the middle of an inventory audit which I had dumped on me out of the blue. Oh well, I've been given carte blanche when it comes to overseeing it, so I'm "cracking the whip" to get new policies into place (it's not going to be a good audit finding LOL).

    Smiles~
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will have to go google 'Sweet Gum Tree' I have never heard of them before. Sounds like you have been having fun. Movies, Thrift Shopping and a Dollhouse.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I really do enjoy reading each and everyone of them.

BrendaLea