Saturday, May 22, 2010

Powerade Play vitamin enhanced sports drink for kids Review



I love water, as do my two wonderful Grandsons, and we drink our fair share as you know from my previous post. But from time to time we want a change. A little bit of flavor instead of plain ole water. Many times the boys will want soda, but I prefer to bring out the Powerade. And now I can bring out the all NEW Powerade Play, for the boys.  The boys love the taste and I love that they get something with less sugar and added vitamins that the boys can surely use.



Now when the boys are playing outside this Summer or active in their various sports, I can rest assured that with the Powerade Play they will re-hydrate themselves with something that is good for them with less sugar and still taste great.  Because the boys can be picky about what they eat and drink, I was tickled that they really did enjoy this new Powerade Play.

You will soon be able to find Powerade Play on your local Grocers shelves for about $3.19 for a 6 pack of 12 oz bottles (love the smaller size bottle for the smaller hands) in several flavors:  orange, fruit punch, grape, and mixed berry.

My Grade:   A+
Because:  less sugar, taste great and the boys will drink it, replenishes electrolyte lost from sweating, from a company I already trust.

From the Company:

POWERADE PLAY™

Sports drink for the young athlete



POWERADE® hydrates and energizes many of the country’s best athletes. Now, the brand introduces POWERADE PLAY, a great option for the next generation of superstars



POWERADE PLAY blends LESS sugar, MORE vitamins and GREAT taste



Parents and Coaches of active youngsters will appreciate PLAY’s benefits:


- 25% less sugar than leading sports drink


- Enhanced with Vitamin C (100% of Daily Value) and Zinc (20% DV) to help support a healthy immune system


- Loaded with B-Vitamins (20% DV) B3, B5, B6 + B12


- 100% natural flavors


POWERADE PLAY will also feature POWERADE’s ION4® advanced electrolyte system which helps replenish four electrolytes lost in sweat -- sodium, potassium, calcium and magnesium


Packaging will include illustrations of partner athletes Ryan Howard, Chris Paul and Venus Williams




I was not paid for this review.  I did receive a 6 pack of the orange flavor so that we could give our honest opinion of the product.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I really do enjoy reading each and everyone of them.

BrendaLea