Monday, June 28, 2010

I Need To Raise Some Money!

My sweet little Latte' is still sick.  Even though she received a shot to help with the nausea, it didn't help.  She has thrown up at least once a day for the past 7-10 days, if not more often.  I called the vet today, as he wanted to know how she was doing today.  He wants to take x-rays and a full blood work-up.  My problem is, that I don't have the funds.  It was cost $180 for the two sets of test.  I had to post date a check (yes, I know you are not supposed to, but the doctor accepted a posted dated check) until July 3rd for the visit the other day which was $60.  So any extra $$ that I had for July are now gone. And I don't have the $$ for these new test.  And I don't know how to go about getting the funds to pay for them.  Any ideas?

I don't like seeing my little girl sick.  I've had her since she was 6 weeks old.  She is now 6 years 2 months and 13 days old.  She is a part of my family!  She is my little girl!  I want her to feel better!  But I don't know how to pay for it.

I need to raise the money, $190, as soon as possible, sot hat she can get the test she needs to find out what is wrong with her, and why she keeps throwing up.

On top of that, my window a/c is malfunctioning.  The other day it got 89 degrees in here.  I turned it off for a few hours as it was not putting out any cold air.  It was miserable, for me, for Latte', for the Grandsons, Coffee and the 7 birds!  After it got 89 degrees in here it took over 8 hours to cool back down to a temp that was comfortable.  Now I turn it off for 2 hours 2 times a day.  So far it's been working, but during those two hours, it get terrible warm and stuffy in the house, even though I have 3 fans running in one room.

Even though I need to do something about my A/C, Latte' is my first concern at the moment.  It's hard when you live on a fixed income and you are single.  It gets very depressing at times.

Hope you all are having a better day than I am,

BrendaLea

5 comments:

  1. I will say prayers for Latte and for you to get the funds you need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, I am so sorry to hear about Latte. Have you checked out http://www.humanesociety.org/animals/resources/tips/trouble_affording_veterinary_care.html

    It looks like there is a lot of information there that may help. A few years ago, I had a sick kitten. I couldn't afford the bill and I found a website that assits in vet bills. They called in their cc number and paid for the entire bill (over 300). I'm not sure if it was only for cats or dogs too. Let me look around and see if I can find that company.

    Both of you are in my thoughts and prayers!

    Best,
    Jen
    www.reviewretreat.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here are a couple of ideas that might work. Check with the humane society near where you live and see if they can help with getting Latte the help she needs and as for the ac problem check and see if you have a Christian's Ministries around near where you live and they may be able to help you. Good luck with everything and ya'll are in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi hon,
    first I am so sorry latte is ill. prayers going out. 2nd...about your A/C...make sure the Vent is CLOSED. then when was the last time you removed the filter and cleaned it?
    Then lastly...how old is the unit, we've had a couple of our units for at least 20 years. I will admit that is a fluke, and I probably just jinxed myself.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. You also need to speak to the VET if he is your usual one ~ one day I cried like a baby when at the Vets and trying to chose between what my cat needed and what I could afford. I told them it was cruel to make me to chose between eating or the animal I loved. They lowered the bill to within what I could afford. The local humane society, and or a pet rescue likely has "discounts" they can secure with the vet, on your behalf. OR a local rescue might even gladly pay the vet fee to help.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I really do enjoy reading each and everyone of them.

BrendaLea