Thursday, June 24, 2010

My Baby Is Sick

Latte' with her Summer hair cut
My sweet little Latte' isn't feeling well.  I believe I will have to take her to the vet either today or tomorrow.  It started on Sunday when she threw-up a couple of times.  She just laid around all day, and didn't eat.  Not even some of her favorite treats.  Which is very much un-like her.

Then on Monday she felt feverish and I tried to get her to take a baby aspirin.  That was not happening.  She wanted nothing to do with it.  Not even when I wrapped it in a piece of turkey.  I tried getting it down her throat, but she wasn't having any of that either.  She didn't eat anything at all on Monday.  I was getting very concerned.  And told myself that if she was not better by Wednesday, that I would take her to the vet.
Summer hair cut grown out but not all the way yet
Yesterday she seemed to be feeling an itsy bitsy tiny bit better.  She actually came over to get her chicken treat, which she loves. And when the G-son came in the door, she went to greet him.  Not quite enthusiastically as she normally does, but she was up and moving a little bit.  After days of JUST laying around.  I thought her fever had broken.  But then later in the evening, she got sick again, a few times.  And once again she felt feverish.

Later today I will call the vet and see if he will see her, but with me waiting until next month (no too many days away) to pay the bill.  Latte' has NEVER been sick like this before.  Throughout her 6 years of life, she has thrown up from time to time.  But that was it.  She has never been lethargic, not eating, throwing up, and not wanting her treats.  I am REALLY concerned and hope it is nothing major.

She is my little girl, my baby, my child!  

I love her so very much and hate to see her sick and not able to tell me what is wrong.  Just like a baby.  It kills me to see babies sick.  They can not tell you where they hurt, what is wrong, or how they feel.  And as a parent or adult, I feel helpless.  Just like I do now.

Hoping my baby feels better real soon,

BrendaLea

7 comments:

  1. Hope you can get her in soon. I don't even wait anymore with my cats. The slightest change and in they go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brenda Lea,
    I hope Latte is better really soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope she is feeling better soon. It is hard to know what to do with pets since, as you say, they can't tell you what's wrong. Maybe the vet will be able to do some bloodwork to see what's up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhhnooo! So sorry! I pray that she gets well quickly! Poor thing. Hugs to your doggie from my two cats :0

    ReplyDelete
  5. BTW I'm following your blog and thanks so much for putting my button on your blog! G'luck with the giveaway.

    Susieqtpies Scraps of Life
    http://cafescrapper-scrapsoflife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh no! wishing her all the best - soon! thx for coming by my blog ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know exactly what you mean. I have a little boy doggie and he is like my child; the only man in my life. I hope its not serious and like I said in other comment, will include Latte in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I really do enjoy reading each and everyone of them.

BrendaLea