Sunday, February 22, 2009

Nest for Wild Life Rescue

Here are more crocheted nest that I made for the wild life rescue agencies. I mailed more off to North Carolina on Friday. The first batch was received and they were tickled to have them. They will send me some pictures when they get them taken. And I wills hare them with you. Can't wait to see the baby animals using the nest that I so lovingly made for them.

I can usually get one large or x-large nest made in a day or several of the small or medium nest. I just use scrap yarn, 3 strands, because the animals do not care what colors their nest are. But most of the nest actually turn out to be pretty colors that work well together. The animals are just happy to have a soft, warm, and clean place to sleep. By using 3 strands to crochet with, they really hold their shape well. The bottom of the nest range in size from 4 inches to 10 inches. And they use the larger nest for squirrels and opossums, whereas birds are in the smaller nest.

I think these nest would even make wonderful candy dishes on a coffee table or desk. If it got knocked over, it would not break and it is also washable. I plan on making them for Christmas gifts next year to match the recipients decor, actually this year... 2009. I can see storing all sorts of items in them. Loose beads, paper clips, rubber bands, jewelry, candy, and so much more.


And this is a small, medium, and large nest.




These are both x-large nest, with the bottoms measuring 9-10"




This is a large nest. I absolutely love the colors of this nest.
almost kept it for myself, but I didn't. I gave it to the sweet animals.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. your nests are very yummy! they would make sweet easter baskets!
    connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Connie,

    You are right, they would make great Easter baskets...with a handle attached. I didn't think about that. Thanks for the idea!

    BrendaLea

    ReplyDelete
  3. What sweet nests you made. I am looking forward to the pictures you receive and post of your nests in use. I love wildlife and call myself a Critter Fanatic. Jody
    visionquest2020@msn.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I really do enjoy reading each and everyone of them.

BrendaLea